Al Aqsa foundation for endowment and heritage said that a state of tension is now prevailing among the Palestinians in the occupied Jerusalem as a result of the repeated Jewish violations of the sanctity of Al Aqsa Mosque.
The foundation confirmed that the Palestinian worshipers, who have been inside The Mosque and its for days to protect it, clashed with the invading troops and settlers who stormed the Mosque from Al-Maghariba Gate.
“The armed Israeli policemen detained three Palestinians from the 1948 occupied territories during the confrontations as well as the Mosque warden,” the foundation said.
A large number of Israeli troops and policemen have tightened the blockade on A Aqsa Mosque from inside and outside and banned all Palestinians from getting into it.
Israeli special forces were also seen encircling the grey dome and closing its doors in the early morning, while the Palestinian worshipers locked up inside were heard chanting “Allah the Akbar.”
Extremist Jewish groups from Kiryat Araba had declared their intent yesterday to organize a mass break-in at Al Aqsa Mosque in order to strengthen the Israeli sovereignty over their alleged temple mount and get it from Muslims.
- 71 Settlers Break into Al-Aqsa Mosque, 6 Palestinians Arrested (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Al-Aqsa Mosque and its surrounding area attacked 100 times during 2011 (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Palestinian factions warn against Likudists entry of Al-Aqsa mosque (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Israeli forces invade al-Aqsa Mosque (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Israeli police stoned at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa compound (vancouversun.com)