London, December 30, 2011
Israeli occupation forces handed notices of confiscation of 160 dunums and demolition of 13 homes to owners in the village of Mneizel to the south-east of Yatta in the southern West Bank Al-Khalil district.
Rateb al-Jubour, coordinator of the popular committee against the wall and settlement, said in press statements on Thursday that the
notices of land confiscation affected residents of the village of Mneizel and the village of Samu‘ with the aim of expanding Karmael settlement.
He also said that 13 demolition notices were handed out to residents of the village of Mneizel and the entrances to the village were closed.
Jubour also said that the village of the Karmael settlement was built next the Palestinian village of Muneizel which has a population of 400 Palestinians who are living in constant fear because of the harassment at the hands of settlers.
- Jewish settlers detain a West Bank shepherd (abujomaa.wordpress.com)
- Israeli occupation forces round up 17 Palestinians including journalist, minors (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Homeless versus Settlers in Palestine (abujomaa.wordpress.com)
- Israeli soldiers arrest 8 Palestinians (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Israel killed 180 Palestinians including 21 children in 2011 (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- IOF troops raid Beit Kahel, supress demonstrations in Ma’sara and Bilin (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- West Bank ‘Demolition Derby’ Caught on Video (desertpeace.wordpress.com)
- Israeli forces storm 3 West Bank villages (alethonews.wordpress.com)